Thursday, December 13, 2012

How about a SAL?

A SAL is a sew along. Have you seen Kits winter coat?

Its so cute, but at $24 I just couldnt justify it, yet our dolls would surely need a winter coat. What's a mama to do you ask? Why make it of course!!!  Before we start our sew along let me show you my version.







 I love the way that it came out!! I had to modify a few patterns to get this finished look. Which is why I have decided to do a Sew along to show you how to make your own.

Materials:
simplicity 3551
6 1/2 buttons
1/2 yard of a fleece fabric
interfacing
velcro
3/4" D ring
matching thread
ribbon (if you would like a contrasting belt, otherwise you can use some of your fabric)




Go and get your materials and we will get started in a few days.

Hope you have a great day,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment