Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to school, fall and testing!

I know its only Tuesday but I have already finished a few things.

First up
Remember the Coastal Cargos I made for Jack? *seen here
Well they needed a shirt.


.



For the shirt I used the Recess Raglan from See Kate Sew. Again more options. She offers 2 sleeve lengths and the choice of a band or not. I chose the elbow length with band.  I upcycled a white sheet for the body and a carters blanket for the sleeves.

 
The fit is amazing. With plenty of length for growing.


I have to admit I didn't follow directions as I have sewn a few shirts. But I do love how she lays the pattern out. It saves on ink the way she has it laid out.


 


 I am really pleased with all of the features in the pattern. I give Kate an A+.




 I tested a doll outfit from Functional Threads. I had previously tested the Ashley skort for Lily.


 Lisa is planning on releasing a doll version of the skort and shirt. I of course offered to test it out.  This time I did a pinwheel version without the shorts.



I couldn't do a doll one without one for Avry.




She really likes this set.


 
 
Lisa offers many options in her patterns which is a major bonus in my book. The skirt has 3
versions to choose from as well as 2 lengthes.
 




The Top also has 3 versions, 2 sleeve lengths and a hood. I think my
 favorite part is the yoga waist.



My girls have finally decided what I can make them for the first day of school.
Avry of course wanted a dress. She said blue , maybe some ruffles.


 
I did a mash up of a few patterns on this one to get exactly what I wanted.



She was ok with a zipper in back instead of buttons or snaps.



I love the way this came out and its exactly her style. I still need to make her some bows for her hair but I call the dress a success. I especially like that its great for all seasons because we can layer when it gets colder.
 
 
That's all for now. I hope you have a great day.
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment