Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mondays Sewing!

Monday , I was able to finish up a few things on my work table. I had a couple of pattern testers that needed to be turned in. 

First up is the Kymy Dolman from Everything your Mama Made and More. As I mentioned it is a tester so its not available yet. This is my second one and I LOVE IT.

Please excuse the lack of face, my hair was a mess and I looked grump lol


Kymy's instructions are clear, the pattern is easy to tape together. The fit is wonderful! I don't have enough nice things to say about the pattern.

 
 
 
I cheated with this, I used a jersey knit sheet and used the hem of it. The top sews up very quickly and is super comfortable. I will be making this for the girls and I again and again.
 
 
Next up is a pair of banded capris from Stitchwerx Designs. Again new pattern, not released, in testing.                
 
The construction is different than any pant pattern I have ever sewn. She has you sewing the inseam before the rise.


 

I found them to be a little wide but that is my personal preference. Not sure on making it again, may have to try one more time before making my official judgement. I used a blue linen.


Lastly I sewed up this gymnastics set from Mountain Ash. If you remember I reviewed a pattern of hers on Fairytale Frocks and Lollipops and here. The FFL site is down so no linking. :(

 
 


The fit on these is so amazing!! I love them soo very much! Her instructions are clear, she offers options and plenty of pictures along the way.


 
 
 My little girl LOVES these! I used a dance/swim wear fabric I had purchased at Joanns, and FOE (fold over elastic I purchased from The Fabric Fairy. It was a little more narrow than what I used last time but as you can see it all worked out!
We have sewn Mountain Ash before and will be sewing them again. I am a fan.

After my sew productive day sewing Monday I needed to decide what was next. Well I came across Melly Sews blog and the Coastal Cargo Sew Along.  I had to join in. I started yesterday and made good progress. I will have to share pictures and a review when I am finished.

Hope you have a great day, its the last Summer Story time for us and gymnastics later on.

Kristen.


P.S thanks for the +1 :)







1 comment: