Purchased and printed Monday and started my sewing Tuesday morning. I am sure I could have finished these in one morning but I may have been distracted by 3 small people and a furry baby.
I decided to go with a tan twill. I also just happened to have just enough brown bias tape for the side seams. It was meant to be!
The pages to create the pattern fit together very nicely, there was no guessing, odd bubbles or anything. Very quick, easy and simple.
The way that the pattern is set up it is easy to adjust length and width which is especially helpful for the string beans in our lives.
I ended up tracing a 4 because my boy wears a 4 RTW. He did however measure a 2 width and 3/4 length. I decided to go with the 4 ultimately because the hip width on the pattern was all the same.
The instructions were clear and well written. She didn't leave any important details out at all. I love both looks rolled and unrolled. The pattern gives very detailed instructions on a functioning fly and button closure.
The little cargo pockets and flaps might be the cutest part. It is the perfect place for my small boys daily treasure finds.
I love that she provides markings for every part of the pattern rather than just measurements or brief explanations. From the tab, to belt loops, everything has a marked place.
I love the back elastic, I mistakenly cut mine too long so I need to go back and pick some stitches and make mine smaller so my boy doesn't lose his draws.
The welt pockets in back are very clearly explained step by step. Nothing is left out. I felt very confident in my welt pockets following the construction!
I will be making many more of these pants in the future for the small boy. I am definitely a fan of blank slate. If you have a chance to try one, please do. You will not be sorry. I hope in the near future they make sizes larger than 8.
Have a great day
P.s I did do the inseam differently. I left off the bias tape because I found the piece I used for the side seam in my stash and it happened to only be long enough for the side seams. So I serged and reinforced the inseam.